22/01/2014

New Grandparents.....

I was asked to make a card for a couple who had become grandparents for the first time.....
 
The customer wanted LOADS of wording on the card. Normally I discourage too much 'wordage' on the front of card- I prefer to put the words inside the card- but I had an idea that would work with the sentiment that the customer wanted. I chose a pink and blue palette for the nanny (pink) and granddad (blue) atop a white embossed square. 'Congratulations to the new &' was cut from pink cardstock and adhered flat to the white panel. 'Nanny' & 'Grandad' were cut from pink and blue patterned paper, reinforced with white cardstock, then adhered to the card with foam pads. I punched some stars from pink & blue glittercard, adhering them with foam pads among the sentiment.
Carts used:
Congratulations- Paper Lace 2
Remaining sentiment (in 2 different sizes)- Base Camp
Thanks for dropping by!
Heather xx



No comments: