27/09/2011

A car for Louie...

 One of the little BoyzNextDoor had a birthday on Saturday, and this is the card that I made for him. He had Robots last year, this year Disney Cars. The card base is a side fold horizontal C5 made with a piece of A3 cardstock cut to size. I like tent fold C5 cards but they can collapse under the weight of heavy embellishments, so I like to make them so that they fold at the side. They are much more stable. I cut McQueen from red, black, white, orange, yellow & silver cardstock. I made sure that he would almost fill the front of the card as I wanted to make a cut-away card. When I had adhered all the pieces together (why are these Disney cuts so flamin' fiddly?!) I adhered McQueen to the card front with foam pads, then cut around him leaving a small border. The inside back of the card was covered with a red/black mat with rounded corners.
'Happy Birthday' was cut from black cardstock and adhered flat. 'Louie' was cut from holographic cardstock then adhered with foam pads. I added a speed embellishment to finish (sorry for the fuzzy photo!)
                                                                         Carts used:
McQueen & 'Speed'- Disney Cars
Happy Birthday- A Child's Year
Louie-Robots
Thanks for dropping by!
Heather xxx

No comments: